The holiday season is just around the corner and what is more exciting than the delicious recipes that will be cooked and prepared during this festive season. From sweet potatoes, delicious apple pies, and homemade toffees, sometimes a perfect salad to compliment all of these sweet recipes without adding extra pounds will make ones holiday season more fun and at the same time healthier.
Here is a perfect salad that is perfect for the Fall holidays.
APPLE CRANBERRY PECAN SALAD
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
The most refreshing spinach tossed in lemon vinaigrette will make the best flavor of fall come out!
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
To Prepare for the Vinaigrette:
- Whisk in a bowl the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, poppy seeds, and sugar.
- Set it aside.
Assembling the Salad:
- Put all your fresh spinach in a large bowl.
- Use the apple, pecans, pomegranate arils, cranberries, and goat cheese as your toppings.
- Pour your prepared dressing into your salad and toss it gently until all ingredients are properly mixed and combined.